“Once the soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back. From then on, you are inflamed with a special longing that will never again let you linger in the lowlands of complacency and partial fulfillment. The eternal makes you urgent. You are loath to let compromise or the threat of danger hold you back from striving toward the summit of fulfillment.”~John O’Donohue
Do you wake up each morning happy to be alive and thankful for another day full of endless possibilities?
Or do you struggle to shake the sleep from your eyes and body, dreading the day and wondering what you’re doing, who you’re doing it with, and where you’re going?
Maybe you alternate between the two, or sit somewhere in between?
A fascination for change
Whilst studying for my ‘Holistic Life Coaching Diploma’, I brainstormed words that resonated with me for my coaching ‘niche’, my specialty, and my passion. I listened to clients and the feedback they gave about their coaching journeys. I searched for other coaches and the ‘titles’, or ‘niches’ that headed their blogs and websites.
I’ve been forever fascinated and drawn to change, in a variety of ways during my life – I mostly do not fear it, I generally embrace it and relish the excitement and surprises that it can bring. I believe a life without risk is a life half lived, and that the biggest risk is not taking one.
However there are also times when I wonder what it would be like to just ‘be’ settled and content in one place, with no need to move around or change so much – and there have been times that I’ve done that, but I cannot imagine living in that world constantly.
The word I strongly felt associated most with my aspirations and style of coaching was ‘Awakening‘, and despite someone (well intentioned) suggesting ‘Awakening Your Life’ sounded like ‘mumbo jumbo’, I persisted and remained true to my gut feeling.
Dictionary definitions suggest to awaken is to: stir up a feeling, to awaken or arouse strong emotions, to bring out, to trigger, to stimulate, kindle or revive.
An online search reveals the following possibilities:
Awakening – noun: stirring up, birth, waking, waking up, revival, awaking, animating, rousing, stimulation, provocation, arousal, enlivening, activation, kindling, incitement, vivification the awakening of national consciousness in people
1. rousing; quickening: an awakening interest.
2. the act of awaking from sleep.
3. a revival of interest or attention.
4. a recognition, realization, or coming into awareness of something: a rude awakening to the facts.
5. a renewal of interest in religion, esp. in a community; revival.
n – the start of a feeling or awareness in a person a picture of an emotional awakening
Living a limit-less life
I realise some people associate the word ‘Awakening’ with religious connotations, and this can be one aspect of it. For me though, it’s about encouraging and supporting people to make the most of their life here on earth, secure in the knowledge that no-one can possibly be sure that there is anything BUT this life.
The messages we’ve listened to during our childhood and taken into adulthood, we’ve formed into our limiting beliefs about life, and may be keeping us trapped in an emotional prison and preventing us from living limit-less lives.
The media feed us mainly negativity and drama in order to sell their wares, and the government instill more propaganda to lead us to believe we live in a world where we must all work harder and longer, and spend all our time saving for a retirement that we may never live to see due to our lack of a work/life balance.
I’ve been a midwife since 1988, supporting women to birth their babies, and also committed to guiding students and colleagues to provide continuity of excellent care to childbearing women and their families.
Awakening lives is a continuum of this – as a Life Coach my purpose and passion is to support and guide clients to bring their hopes, dreams and aspirations to fruition, to let go of their ‘buts’ and ‘what ifs’, their regrets of the past and fears of the future, to seek ways of valuing the simple things in life – feeling gratitude for what they have in this moment rather than always seeking things they think they don’t have and feel they need in order to be happy.
To love themselves first and foremost in order to see that love reflected back to them from others, and once they’re able and willing to do this to then discover ways to visualise and live their dreams by moving through their fears and changing limiting beliefs.
So, ‘Awakening Your Life Coaching’ is about:
1. Awakening – giving birth to a new life, a new way of seeing your world primarily (internal), and then the world outside of you.
2. Beliefs – what do you believe about life? Where and when did those messages become your truth? How can you reframe these so that they serve rather than stifle you?
3. Change – what is there about your life that you want to change? Are you happy where you are, what you’re doing and who you’re spending time with; or are you frequently wishing you could do something/many things different/ly?
4. Dreams – what have you always wanted to do, but don’t feel ‘brave’ enough to find ways to make it a reality?
5. Emotions/Feeling – are you more of a thinker (to do) than a feeler (to be)? Do you fill your life with so much busyness in order to stop your self from feeling emotion? How can you begin to let go and be still, to listen to your heart and its wisdom, and trust life to bring you what you need?
If you’d like to explore some of these concepts, contact me for a free discovery call to see if a Life Coaching relationship with me is for you.